Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My New Favourite App!

I have been having a lot of fun lately exploring my Mac computer's app store. I LOVE my new laptop, and I would never buy anything other than a Mac again. Plus, it only weighs about two pounds, so its light in my backpack and can come everywhere with me!
I recently downloaded SimpleMind from the app store. It was free to download on my apple, but you can also go to the website and download it that way for free. You can put it on your iPhone or iPad as well. Its an easy tool for creating mind maps and brainstorming. It is very simple and easy to use, and you can easily print out your maps to use in the classroom as a handout or for studying purposes. I used it to make my PLN, and I have also been using it as a review tool for my personal studying. I am also using it for my lesson and unit planning during student teaching! Definitely worth looking into for differentiating instruction, vocabulary, review exercises, concept maps, outlining, and visual learners.

Follow the link below to try it out:
http://www.simpleapps.eu/simplemind/ 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy and Katrina both downloaded it and they have both been using it on their computers that are not Macs, so I think it works just fine! I will ask them for sure tomorrow and let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this app. I used bubbl.us for my PLN and it was a little confusing for me, if this is easier than that then I will definitely be downloading this.

    Thanks for sharing Nicole.

    ReplyDelete