Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Group Projects

I was really impressed by our presentations in class yesterday! I thought everyone did an excellent job of discussing the positive (and sometimes negative) uses of technology. I was happy that my classmates were able to extend our Skype presentation. They thought of things that none of us had. I love that type of learning. It's amazing what can happen when you get lots of heads together!
I had never considered using Facebook as a personal homepage for your classroom. I LOVED the idea of Edmodo when we first saw it, but I wanted more details and without being able to log in, I wasn't sure if this was a useful tool or not! Rachel, Josh, and Colin's presentation really made me think about the pros and cons of each type of technology. Although I'm not sure I would ever use Facebook, I was glad that I at least had the opportunity to consider it and "talk it out" with my colleagues. I am very excited about using Edmodo in my classroom, and can't wait to get a job next year so I can try it out!
I was very excited when I heard that Sylvia, Mike, and Jess were making a wiki on cyberbullying. My CT asked me to do a unit for our health class on bullying and cyberbullying. I was planning on getting the kids to make PSA's about bullying, so I will definitely use their videos as examples! I thought their site was very creative and full of useful information that I am excited to use in my unit planning!
Good work everyone, but I think the MVP Award goes to Rachel for her creativity in making the T-shirts haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment