Monday, January 16, 2012

The name of the game is... SHARING!

Its amazing how one hour can change your views. I will admit, I was feeling quite overwhelmed by the whole blogging and twitter thing... and I was beginning to think that no one would actually be reading my blog! I had even convinced myself that I would probably just delete my accounts after this class.  BUT, after listening to Dean speak on Thursday, I have done a complete turn around! What hit home the most for me was the concept of sharing. Its simple math, spend one weekend creating a lesson or unit and share it with six thousand people, or spend one weekend creating a lesson or unit and keep it all to yourself. When I considered it that way, I realized it was silly to keep everything to myself! My big lesson last week was that if you're going to teach, you should be able to share your work, because let's face it, two or more heads are always better than one! I am now committed to maintaining my blog and website so that I can share too. You never know what might be useful to someone else. So thank you Dean for taking me back to Kindergarten and reteaching me the "sharing" lesson.

1 comment:

  1. It's nice to see that I'm not the only one who needed a little refresher course on "sharing". I know for myself I've stuck by the motto what's mine is mine and what's yours is yours. Yet, like yourself after watching Dean's presentation my opinions have drastically changed. I now realize the importance of creating a positive learning community where we can collaborate and share ideas. For us as future teachers it can make our lives a whole lot easier with regards to creating unit and lesson plans. With that being said, I think that’s it…….

    ReplyDelete